Adare CEO Message on COVID-19 Operations
March 30, 2020
As we all together face the challenges associated with COVID-19, I wanted to share an update on how our global business at Adare is responding to the Coronavirus pandemic. We want to thank you, our partners, for your continued collaboration and support and we are committed to fulfilling our commitments, insofar as possible, during these challenging times.
At the onset of this pandemic, we initiated a series of actions related to supply chain and employee safety focused on the protection of employees and contractors and the fulfillment of our Purpose: To ensure that No Patient is Left Behind. I am very proud of the actions taken to date by our teams at all of our locations which have ensured that all four of our facilities located within Italy, France, and the United States continue to operate uninterrupted at this time. This includes our Pharmaceutical Development team based at our site in Vandalia, Ohio. This has only been possible because of the dedication and commitment our team globally.
Recognizing that our operations in every country are classified as “essential” operations, we at Adare have tried to stay ahead of the curve. We have taken tremendous actions to ensure the safety of our employees and reduce the transmission risk of this disease, whilst maintaining an effective supply chain. Some of the actions taken to date, all of which are coordinated by a Covid-19 Task Force include:
- Business travel of employees being suspended since late February.
- Colleagues not critical to on-site operations have been directed to work from home.
- All visitors to sites have been restricted.
- Additional cleaning and sanitization practices have been implemented beyond established cGMP practices
- Work teams on-site have adopted social distancing behaviors which included modified shifts, isolated operations and teams, and enhanced hygiene practices
- Procurement teams have been working tirelessly to secure necessary Personal Protective Equipment, in addition to ensuring availability of necessary production components.
- Monitoring of material supply and transportation support to ensure continued flow of materials and products to you our partners
At this time we do not foresee any significant disruption to our manufacturing or partner research & development programs. Due to the fluid nature of the situation, our leadership is meeting daily to ensure our safe operations. We thank you for your support and cooperation at this time as we work through what is truly an extraordinary period in our lifetime. I am proud to be a member of the Adare team.
Best wishes to you and your families,
John Fraher, CEO